Free events are easy to find all year in Dundalk.
Fun events for all ages and sponsored by many different organizations. They are all a part of that small-town feel people love – just more excuses to get together with family, neighbors and friends!
Here are a list of annual highlights. This is the year at a glance – specific dates, times and more detail are available on the web calendar:
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Main Street – the Saturday preceding March 17 (if the 17th is not a Saturday)
- Mega Egga Hunt in Heritage Park – the Saturday preceding Palm Sunday, with 10,000 eggs and egg-seekers ages 1 – 99.
- Dundalk Earth Week+ – a week+ of greening events surrounding Earth Day, Apr. 22. Tree plantings, cleanups, crafts from found materials, school eco-ed days, and more.
- Dunfest in Heritage Park – equal parts music, food, games and family activities and useful resource information, Sat., mid-May
- Dundalk-Patapsco Neck Historical Society and Museum – Art Show in Veterans Park, Sat., mid-May
- Farmers’ Market Main Street – opens 3rd Sat. in June through Sat. preceding Thanksgiving
- Heritage Fair in Heritage Park – 3-day event the Fri – Sun. preceding 4th of July – legendary!
- Independence Day Parade and Fireworks – on July 4, always.
- Concerts in the Park – six weeks of Thurs. evening concerts in Heritage Park, beginning with the Thursday after July 4
- Defenders Day at Fort Howard, the weekend after Labor Day – re-enactment of the Battle of North Point, a significant Dundalk historical event in the War of 1812
- Dundalk Renaissance Corporation Annual Meeting – the third Wed. evening in Sept.
- Family Fall Festival in Heritage Park, the Sat. preceding Halloween, an amazing event for ages 0 – 99
- Train Garden, Wise Ave. Volunteer Fire Dept. – opens the Sat. of Thanksgiving weekend through 1st weekend of Jan.
- Christmas Parade, Santa in the Park (Heritage Park) – the 1st Sat. of Dec.
- Train Garden at the Dundalk-Patapsco Neck Historical Society and Museum – the 1st Sat. of Dec. through 1st weekend of Jan.
- Holiday Hoopla, Cookie Tour and Street Fair – the 1st Sat. of December, on Main Street and Center Place. Fun-filled with activities, music – and cookies!
Many more events are offered each year by individual churches, civic organizations and non-profits – in addition to our website, we recommend the Dundalk Eagle as a great way to be in the know!